Slab leaks are a big problem, and very costly to repair. They are not only a plumbing problem, but can also lead to extensive water and mold damage as well.
It’s important to know the signs that you may have a slab leak. We found this video from Guardian Plumbers which goes into detail about what to look for around your home that could indicate you have a slab leak that needs to be fixed by a plumber.
According to the video you may have a slab leak if…
- water is coming out from the slab on the outside of your house where there is no reason for there to be water (no hose, no dog’s water bowl, etc.)
- water inside the house (near bathroom, kitchen plumbing, or in the laundry room) is coming out from walls, beneath cabinets, or a crack in the tile
- you notice you have hot floors (from a hot water slab leak) in a particular spot and then a few steps away the floor is normal temperature
- if your water heater is running 24/7
- if your water bill is much higher than normal
- when you check your water meter (located outside) and notice that the dial is spinning all the time even though no water is being used inside your home.
We hope this information has been helpful. Of course, if you notice one or more of these signs you should give us call so you can have a local plumber near you in the Milwaukee area come by and fix the issue.